Due to SARS-CoV-2 restrictions I can currently (updated 7/31/2023, please don’t ask why Costa Rica still has these restrictions, I have no idea) only ship to Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Greece, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, UAE, UK, Uruguay, and the US.
DV8™ VIOLET WAND BODY CONTACT DEVICES
What they are used for:
These body contact attachments are for Violet Wand indirect and reverse techniques and for Violet Wand branding. The body contact attachment energizes you (indirect technique) or your “victim” (reverse technique) and let sparks fly from your fingers, tongue, etc.
Please read this if you want to learn more about the construction and safety of Body Contact Devices.
If you don’t want to feel anything, any conductive item you hold becomes automatically a Violet Wand Toy and sparks jump from it to the skin of the person you are playing with. Anything metal and anything carbon fiber will work. Thousands of items can be “perverted” or you can select items from our extensive range of DV8™ Indirect/Reverse Toys.
Finally, the Body Contact Devices can be used for the advanced technique of Violet Wand branding for skin adornment, using a pointed metal instrument.
There are 2 versions of our Body Contact Devices:
1) The DV8™ BODY CONTACT DEVICE
The DV8™ Body Contact Device is the best body contact device available, P E R I O D ! Why?
- solid aluminum connector (never brass tubes, which are heavier than our solid connectors) precision made on a lathe to fit your wand perfectly
- reliable safety spark gap
- translucent nylon insulator for the spark gap so you can visually check the spark gap is working whenever the wand is in use
- while glass is used inside the spark gap connector, there is no exposed glass which could break
- high-tech carbon fiber conductor for best conductivity, total flexibility, never any corrosion and low weight
- a short piece of large aluminum ball chain on both ends gives full swivel function (with the exception of the 2 ft holster version, which swivels only on the body end) to prevent twists and guarantee full range of motion
- thick, extremely flexible silicone insulation guarantees full mobility and greatly reduces energy loss (people claiming their devices have no energy loss are lying, it’s impossible!)
- never any unwanted sparking to body parts, metal furniture, etc.
- comfortable aluminum pad instead of a tube or rod. More comfortable to wear for the top, easier to tape or strap to the body of a bottom or to have the bottom lie on.
- all conductive parts made of aluminum for best conductivity and lightest possible weight
- connectors for any wand on the market available
- available in 5 different lengths to fit your play style
The connector that plugs into the wand has an integrated safety spark gap consisting of an air gap, which the high frequency/ultra high voltage of Violet Wands and Violet Ray Devices can easily jump, while 110V or 220V line current (mains current) can’t. This guarantees your safety. If your unit ever has a catastrophic failure or you are dealing with reversed or defective wiring in a building and line current gets to the electrode socket of the wand, it can not get to the person using the wand or the bottom and no harm will result.
2) The DV8™ ECONOMY BODY CONTACT DEVICE
The DV8™ ECONOMY BODY CONTACT DEVICE is constructed identical to the regular Body Contact Device (see above), but with a cylindrical skin contact instead of the pad.
Our Body Contact Devices are available in 5 lengths from 2 feet to 6 feet. The longer the device/conductor is, the higher the loss of energy. This is true for any and all devices on the market. Our construction method reduces losses considerably, but we can’t change the laws of physics, so buy the shortest device that will do what you need and fits your style. If you use your device only with the wand in a holster, you don’t need a body contact device longer than 2 feet. If you use the device mainly connected to yourself, while the wand is resting on a table, the floor, etc. and you move around a person or persons you are playing with, you might need 6 feet.
The 7/16 inch version will work with all new and most old/restored US units, and some of the Chinese “Nova” wands. Examples in the following picture:
The 11.25 millimeter version will work with most Chinese wands, including KinkLab “Neon Wand” and Zeus “Twilight Wand”, both of which are similar or identical to lots of units sold for around $25.00 on eBay (just put “D’Arsonval” in the search field and you’ll find them). Examples of those units:
The 12 millimeter version will work with the Ukrainian units and very few of the old West European violet ray units from the 1930’s to 1950’s (the best-known examples are Radiostat/Radiolux, Vio and Ideal). These are the Ukrainian units:
The 11 millimeter version covers 95% of the antique European Violet Ray devices. Here are a few pictures, but there are lots of other devices:
Finally, there is the 10 mm size used by some of the antique units, which were made by Carl Haider GmbH, Munich, Germany in the 1930s. We do not stock units for these devices, but can make them as a custom order. Please contact us if you need those.
IF YOU HAVE SEVERAL WANDS WITH DIFFERENT COLLET/SOCKET SIZES and/or love to be more flexible, we highly recommend the advanced modular MAG-System™ and the body contact attachments available there. They are constructed with exactly the same features, but are used with an interchangeable Spark Gap Base.